DSTF hosted a meeting on “Toxicology in Denmark” on the 21.-22 April 2022, with more than 50 participants from Danish governmental institutions, industry, research institutions, and universities, as well as representatives from toxicology in Norway and Finland. The meeting was sponsored by BCPT.
The purpose of the meeting was to gather toxicologists in Denmark for mutual discussions of ongoing activities, needs for education, collaboration, exchange visits and accreditation via ERT under EUROTOX.
The aims of the meeting were several:
- Stressing the relevance of toxicology with focus on Danish competences and needs.
- Increased collaboration amongst toxicologists and others
- Raised awareness of certification as European Certified Toxicologist (ERT) under EUROTOX.
Please see this statement by the EUROTOX Executive Committee regarding the events unfolding in Ukraine as a consequence of the invasion by the Russian Federation.
Professor Heikki Ruskoaho (Finland) is the BCPT Nordic Prize 2020 winner
Professor Heikki Ruskoaho from the University of Helsinki has been awarded the BCPT Nordic prize in Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology for 2020. The prize is awarded to Heikki Ruskoaho in recognition of his outstanding contributions to pharmacology for more than 30 years. See announcement from Thomas Kongstad Petersen, the Chairman of the Nordic Association for the Publication of BCPT
Professor Anton Pottegård (Denmark) is the BCPT Young Researcher Nordic Prize winner 2020
Professor Anton Pottegård from University of Southern Denmark has been awarded the BCPT Young Researcher Nordic Prize in Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology for 2020. The prize is awarded to Anton Pottegård in recognition of his outstanding contributions to pharmacology. See announcement from Niels Jessen, the Chairman of Danish Society for Pharmacology.
Magnus Ingelman-Sundberg is awarded the 2018 BCPT Nordic Prize in Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
The Nordic Association for the publication of “Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology” has awarded the BCPT Nordic Prize in Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology for 2018 to Professor Magnus Ingelman-Sundberg, Karolinska Institute (KI), Stockholm, Sweden
EUROTOX Award Nominations
Help to foster toxicology both scientifically and educationally across Europe by sending nominations of outstanding candidates to engage in EUROTOX activities and awards. Support the acknowledgment of outstanding professionals in toxicology by nominating candidates for these two awards:
- 2018 EUROTOX MERIT AWARD recognising professionals with a distinguished career in European toxicology. Nominations supporting the candidate can be submitted in writing by Member Societies, EUROTOX Specialty Sections or by at least 3 individual EUROTOX members.
- 2018 BO HOLMSTEDT MEMORIAL LECTURE AWARD recognising scientists who have made outstanding research contributions to the science of drug or chemical toxicology. Nominations supporting the candidate submitted in writing by EUROTOX Member Societies, by EUROTOX Speciality Sections, or by at least 3 individual EUROTOX members
All nominations should be submitted in writing and should include the candidate’s professional curriculum vitae and a digital photo. Send all nominations by January 30, 2018 via email to email@example.com